The body of Christ at San Gabriel Community Church exists to make known the glory of God to all peoples through the gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit.
The following five statements serve as a summary of the biblical responsibilities of the local church. They capture how God has called us to function as a church and as individuals and how we can specifically bring glory to God.
We exist to glorify God by:
SGCC desires to be a church family that pursues passionate, personal, and corporate prayer and worship. To view the following sermons click on the "Sermons" link in the main drop-down menu above.
* Prayer (James 5 v 13-18 Delivered July 16, 2006)
* Worship (Psalm 29 Delivered July 9, 2006)
SGCC desires to be a church family that equips and trains its people for involvement in effective Christian ministry.
* Scripture, the Breath of God (2 Timothy Delivered July 23, 2006)
* The Power of the Word of God for Life (Various Scriptures Delivered July 30, 2006)
SGCC desires to be a Church family that is growing in the knowlege of God through a commitment to the integrity and exposition of the Scriptures. (Proverbs 30:5-6; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 2:15)
* Equipping and Training (1 Peter 4 v 10-11 Delivered August 6, 2006)
* Equipping and Training (Ephesians 4 v 7-18 Delivered August 13, 2006)
SGCC desires to be a church family that pursues Biblical love and unity.
* Love and Unity (John 17 Delivered August 20, 2006)
SGCC desires to be a church family that is committed to personal, community, and international evangelism and discipleship.
* Discipleship and Evangelism (2 Timothy 2 v 2 Delivered August 27, 2006)
* The Great Commission (Matthew 28 v 19-20 Delivered September 3, 2006)